Sunday, August 30, 2009
Aberdare Urban District Council (Glamorgan) was formed in 1894, following the Local Government of England and Wales Act. It took over the functions of Aberdare Local Board of Health. The Council's area of responsibility was the parish of Aberdare, Glamorgan. The Urban District Council ceased to exist on 31 March 1974, and was merged with Mountain Ash and parts of Neath Rural District Council and Vaynor and Penderyn Rural District Council to form Cynon Valley Borough Council.