Kessler & Co. was a textile wholesaler established in Manchester in 1830. In 1850 the company had a shipping warehouse constructed at 40 Port Street, Manchester. Kesslers moved into banking in New York in 1882, but still maintained their textile merchandising activities. In 1902 the business was incorporated as a private limited company. In the 1920s the registered office for Kessler & Co. Ltd. was given as 33 Dale Street, Manchester with a branch office at Vicar Lane, Bradford. The company traded until at least the 1950s.
The warehouse in Port Street is now occupied by various workshops and offices.
by Mark Matlach