The business became Young & Marten Ltd. in 1900.
A trade catalogue from the 1940s shows that Young & Marten Ltd. sold lead pipes, glass, tiles, iron railings, light-fittings and timber, as well as a wide range of hardware products. The business had expanded to include branches in Brentford, Leytonstone, Walthamstow, and Southend.
Young & Marten Ltd. traded until at least the early 1970s. At some point the Stratford store was demolished and the site is now occupied by the Ibis Hotel and Stratford Library. The warehouse in Grove Crescent Road has been converted into an apartment block.
by Mark Matlach