Founded in 1856 and trading as G.W.Dray and Sons, the Company soon built a reputation for manufacturing toilet paper in a "curled" or rolled form rather than the single sheets as was the norm at that time.
It also produced a range of papers, printed items, paper carrier bags, and high-quality envelopes.
The company closed its doors for the last time in 1986 and since then the buildings have been demolished.
by Paul Green
Post a Comment