In 1862 the Agra & United Services Bank merged with Masterman & Co. to form the Agra & Masterman's Bank. The bank became heavily involved in the financing of railway construction in Australia, however it collapsed following the banking crisis of 1866.
In 1867 the bank was resuscitated under the name Agra Bank Limited and continued for the next twenty years before going into liquidation in 1887.
The Agra Bank Limited overprint can be found on the Queen Victoria Inland Revenue 1d stamp (shown on receipt) and the 1d Lilac stamp.
The Agra Bank building in Calcutta, now called the Currency Building and occupied by the Indian Government's Currency Department
by Mark Matlach