J. H. Sankey & Son was a brick manufacuring company established in 1857 in Canning Town, London. The company made Sankey's Pure Silica fire bricks, Gannister cupola bricks, and arch blocks.
By the early 1900s the firm was described as a builder's merchant and manufacturer of cement, slates, bricks, tiles and fireclay goods. In the 1920s the company was advertising Sankey's Pyruma putty, which was used for sealing or joining fire bricks, and Tiluma cement, which was used for fixing tiles to fireplace surrounds.
J. H. Sankey traded until at least 1956.
A J. H. Sankey brick
by Mark Matlach
Post a Comment