The White House was established in 1906 when Jean Delliere, a Frenchman from Paris, opened a clothes shop at 51 New Bond Street in London's West End. The shop specialized in up-market blouses and lingerie, or “whites”. The shop grew into an exclusive department store which sold linens, china and clothing.
The store closed down in 1997 and the company relocated to Chessington.
by Mark Matlach
Post a Comment