Sunday, September 2, 2012

Kemball, Bishop and Co.

The company was registered on 28 October 1901, to acquire the business of chemical manufacturers of the firm of the same name. They were based at Crown Chemical Works, Three Mill Lane, Bromley-by-Bow, London.

During 1944, Kemball, Bishop and Co. with the Therapeutic Research Corporation of Great Britain and ICI worked using mould fermentation on the development and production of penicillin.

During 1958 the company was acquired as a subsidiary company of the American Pfizer Ltd., it operated under its own name until 1968 when it was fully amalgamated into Pfizer Ltd Laboratories. During 1968, the Bromley-by-Bow factory was closed and all production moved to the Sandwich site with a new plant opened at Ringaskiddy Ireland.

by Paul Green

No comments:

Post a Comment